It is only with the support of the community that the SLO Friends of the Library can continue to support the SLO Library and the SLO community. It is a simple equation, the more we receive, the more we can give. Help us give more !
To help the SLO Friends of the Library you may:
(click either JOIN, DONATE or VOLUNTEER to proceed)
|JOIN||Become a member to receive the membership benefit and to contribute dues to the Friends|
|DONATE||Become a donor through a financial donation|
|VOLUNTEER||Volunteer to help the Friends or work in the Library|
Preserve and enhance library services and materials to meet the diverse and changing needs of the community.
- To provide support to the SLO Library, its community and the SLO community.
- To raise funds and promote gifts, endowments, and bequests.
- To promote and support volunteer services to the SLO library and our programs.
- To raise public awareness of the library’s role in the community.
- To advocate measures that will help preserve and enhance library services and programs.
All Volunteer Organization
There are no paid employees of the SLO Friends of the Library. Therefore, an extremely high percentage of your dues and donations go to the programs and efforts we support.
Our Recent Accomplishments
- Funding for Library Projects – $32,000+ for 2015-2016
- Applied for and received a $16,000 grant for the Library
- Create and maintain a library for the local homeless shelters
- Sponsor the In-School Reading Project
- Sponsor Library’s Children Program
- Provide Reading Kits for Book Clubs – “Book Club in a Box”
- Provide book bags for child card holders
- Sponsored Library Atrium Mural
- And much more . . .
How to Help
Can We Do More?
Yes, but only if we have more resources. We can only do more with your help. We can give more to the SLO Library when we have more. We can provide more to the SLO Community
- More money.
- More books, DVDs, magazine, etc.
- More volunteers.
- More minds focusing on how to help.